Women, All Ages
Sr. Miriam James Heidland
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym, providing a place of connection, rest and encouragement for people who are on the journey of living out their passion and purpose in Jesus Christ.
In this episode, we reconnect after our summer break to discuss the ways God has grown us this summer and our hopes for the season to come. We marvel together at how the Lord continues to heal us, remind us of His truth, and invite us to abide deeper in who He is and who He says we are. We chat about how the maturation that comes with repentance and the willingness to start over again with God. We pray that God will do a new thing in you as you join us on the journey this season!
Sister Miriam’s one thing – Separate Vocations of Man and Woman – Edith Stein from Essays on Woman (The Collected Works of Edith Stein) – Edith Stein
Heather’s one thing – Speak the Unspoken Podcast S02 E02: The power of story with Heather Kyhm
Michelle’s one thing – Fr. Dave Pivonka, Dr. Bob Rice, and the entire orientation team at Franciscan University of Steubenville
- What stood out to you from this week’s episode?
- What areas did you learn you needed to grow over this summer? How did God stretch you, humble you, invite you to abide more?
- In what ways would you like to begin again today? What must you repent of? What must you turn your eyes away from to be able to see Christ looking at you?
- How did you see the Lord using events or memories of your past to grow you, mature you and heal you this summer?
- What desires would you like to name for the Lord to fulfill as we move into a new season?
- How can you let the Lord love you where you are most vulnerable and dependent?
Quotes to Ponder: “Always, we begin again.” – St. Benedict
Scripture for Lectio Divina – “It is not that I have already taken hold of it or have already attained perfect maturity, but I continue my pursuit in hope that I may possess it, since I have indeed been taken possession of by Christ Jesus. Brothers, I for my part do not consider myself to have taken possession. Just one thing: forgetting what lies behind but straining forward to what lies ahead, I continue my pursuit toward the goal, the prize of God’s upward calling, in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 3:12-14