Women, All Ages
Sr. Miriam James Heidland
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym, providing a place of connection, rest and encouragement for people who are on the journey of living out their passion and purpose in Jesus Christ.
Providing a place of connection, rest and encouragement for women who are on the journey of living out their passion and purpose in Jesus Christ.
In this final episode of Season 11, we chat about our favorite parts of the last year’s episodes and have a special announcement about what is coming next for the podcast. We discuss how there is a season for everything and how we are invited to not grasp onto the things that God entrusts to us, but to hold them loosely with a posture of trust and freedom. We also talk about taking time to be quiet and discern what the Lord has for us, what changes need to be made, and what to let go of. We pray that you have a wonderful summer filled with simplicity and moments to spend with Christ.
Sister Miriam’s one thing – Prudence – Choose Confidently, Live Boldly by Fr. Gregory Pine, OP
Heather’s one thing – Heather’s playlist – Only Jesus
Michelle’s one thing – Live Today Well – Creative God
Mentioned on the Podcast:
- What stood out to you in this week’s podcast?
- How do you feel when changes occur in your life?
- Is it easy or challenging for you to let go of things you might enjoy to make room for something new that God has in store?
- Sr. Miriam said, “When we take the next right step, the Lord provides”. Do you believe that God will provide what you need if you make a change in your life for Him. Why or why not?
- What are some of the highlights from the podcast in season 10 and 11?
- Take some time to reflect, what is the Holy Spirit saying in your life right now? Are there some new things you need to say yes to and some things you need to say no to?
- What are some things that you’re grateful for this past school year?
- How has the podcast over the years, taught you more about your own heart and your relationship with God? What are some things you want to never forget?
Quotes to Ponder: If there be among the gifts of God none greater than love, and there is no greater gift of God than the Holy Spirit, what follows more naturally than that He is Himself love….” (Saint Augustine)
Scripture for Lectio Divina: Ecclesiastes Chapter 3: 1- 7
For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven: 2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak.