This week, find out why we celebrate Christmas on December 25th and the differences between each of the four Christmas Masses. The show wraps up with bishop answering questions from listeners.
• If Mary was already saved from original sin, why did she need to be saved again Jesus’s death on the cross?
• I’m a candidate for formation as a 3rd order Franciscan. My formation director assigned the following reading from St. Paul, 1 Corinthians 14:34-35. “women should keep silent in the churches, for they are not allowed to speak, but they should be subordinate, as even the law says. But if they want to learn anything, they should ask their husbands at home. For it is improper for a woman to speak in the church.” When did this practice change? Are there still some churches doing this today? As a Jew growing up, I can picture the Jewish Orthodox synagogue and the division of men and women. Please explain this former Church practice and how it changed. Thank you so much! God bless you always, Bishop Rhoades.
• Just read that Cardinal Dolan will not refuse the Host to Catholics defending abortion. How can this even be considerable acceptable? My heart hurts.
• Is it true that Vatican II removed the minor rite of exorcism from baptism?
• My daughter was baptized Lutheran as an infant and is now a student at Ball State and a member of Christian fellowship group there. She says she is getting baptized again next month. Is it even worth doing this, other than for an earthly symbolic statement? Now, as much as I hoped she’d become Catholic, I just don’t know how to support her. What do I do? How do I teach her the truth without offending her but support her walk to know Christ in her life, yet protect her from the many false evangelical leaders?
Truth in Charity is brought to you in part by Notre Dame Federal Credit Union.
Follow us on social media:
Submit your question(s):
Call / Text (Holy Cross College text line) – 260-436-9598
Online – www.RedeemerRadio.com/AskBishop
E-mail – AskBishop@RedeemerRadio.com
Subscribe to the Podcast:
iTunes | Google Play | SoundCloud | RSS