As we celebrate Catholic Schools Week, Bishop answers questions submitted by Bishop Dwenger High School students on topics ranging from vocational discernment to ouija boards.
And all the questions:
• What was it about the Catholic Church that made you fall in love with it? Was there any subject or event that cemented your devotion?
• Is there a religion other than Christianity that has made an impact on your cultural view?
• What is your favorite encyclical writing from Pope St. John Paul II and why?
• How do I discern my own wants from God’s wants when discerning my vocation?
• When single, what would be a good discernment prayer for patience?
• Is it true that if you die while wearing a scapular, you will go directly to heaven?
• What is your opinion on more modern praise and worship music being used during the Mass?
• Is yoga against the Catholic Church if it is just used for fitness?
• Is it okay for Catholics to watch movies about ouija boards?
• How can one confidently say that the pope is infallible when all humans make mistakes?
• How can you convince a firm pro-choice person to understand the pro-life perspective? How do you feel about Catholics who are pro-choice?
• How do you feel about feminism?
• What is the Church’s view on people committing suicide? Do they go to hell?
• Do you ever struggle with feeling worthy of God’s love and if so how do you overcome that struggle?
• What is the best way to respond to those who reject the faith?
• How would you suggest inviting someone to Mass who has fallen away from the Church?
• What is the best way to explain the faith without it sounding confusing?
• Have you ever been questioned on a topic you did not know how to answer? If so, what was it?
• What is your favorite way to pass the time?
• What are things you recommend to strengthen your prayer life?
• How do you cherish the silent parts of your day?
• What is the pope like in person?
• What saint inspired you to enter in the priesthood or helped you realize your vocation?
• What do you find most rewarding about your job?
• What was your favorite part about World Youth Day in Panama?
• What has been the most inspirational and life-changing trip you have been on?
Truth in Charity is brought to you in part by Notre Dame Federal Credit Union.
Follow us on social media:
Submit your question(s):
Call / Text (Holy Cross College text line) – 260-436-9598
Online – www.RedeemerRadio.com/AskBishop
E-mail – AskBishop@RedeemerRadio.com
Subscribe to the Podcast:
iTunes | Google Play | SoundCloud | RSS