On this episode, Bishop looks ahead to the readings for this Sunday…especially the First Reading from Exodus and the Gospel from Matthew. Both stress the importance of loving our neighbor. Bishop applies it to the current issue of predatory lending and the sin of usury. Then it’s on to listener-submitted questions on religious freedom, why the Church doesn’t canonize non-Catholics, and scary movies.
• I think the USCCB’s faithful citizenship document doesn’t emphasize religious freedom. Isn’t the freedom to worship and openly express religion just as important as the common good and loving our neighbor?
• Why doesn’t the Church canonize non-Catholics?
• Many Catholcis are involved in helping mothers choose life for their babies. What are some other activities we can participate in to show our respect for the lives of people already born?
• What’s your favorite scary movie? Should Catholics watch scary movies? Are there any red flags to watch out for?
• How long does it take Bishop to write his homilies?
Truth in Charity is brought to you in part by Notre Dame Federal Credit Union.
Follow us on social media:
Submit your question(s):
Call / Text (Holy Cross College text line) – 260-436-9598
Online – www.RedeemerRadio.com/AskBishop
E-mail – AskBishop@RedeemerRadio.com
Subscribe to the Podcast:
iTunes | Google Play | SoundCloud | RSS